Padlet is a creative tool used to enhance the interactivity in teaching and learning processes.
Padlet tool can help teachers and students with an interactive notice board like space which is very easy to use and is easily accessible from any browser. In short; a creative and a great resource for both teachers and students.
You can use this digital notice board to feature images, links, videos, and documents, all collated on a “wall” and this wall can be made public or private. With this feature not only teachers but also students can post on the wall.
This is the best tool for collaborative projects which starts with a blank canvas and then users can start expressing their thoughts on a common topic and also read what others have to say.
It can be used for getting feedback. Individuals (and large/ small groups) can post their comments, questions and resources in one place that is easily accessible to everyone.
It’s a place where you can
You can make the Padlet more creative with your imagination. If you have that creativity you can make this educational app really powerful.
Here are some creative ideas that you can use Padlet in your class
Let’s try it out for this post, Here is a Padlet wall on Creative Ways of using Padlet for Education created by my colleague Dr. Mendus Jacob (A prominent Academician and an Entrepreneur with 30+ years of experience in the Teaching Industry. He has organised, conducted and served as resource person for a number of Faculty Development Programmes including UGC sponsored Refresher Courses. His areas of interests are Outcome Based Education, Accreditations, New Educational Policy etc.)
Just click on this link, and start collaborating. Let’s see how many ideas we’ll get! Nothing to contribute? Then just take a look! After a while, the board should contain a lot of fun classroom Padlet ideas.
To Start with Go to www.padlet.com.
1. On the Padlet Website Click “Sign up for free”
2. There are various options available for signups. The easy one would be to sign up with google
3. Choose a plan. To start with and experience this tool you may start with the basic plan.
4. Click “Make a Padlet”.
5. Start Creating with the Various options available
6. Once you select from the options available, you can customize it including your title, description, icon, address and appearance
7. Once you scroll down you will find more options like posting, content filtering and advanced
8. Under posting you can set
9. Under reactions you can choose from various available options that your users can interact with the posts on the padlet noticeboard wall: Like, vote, star and grade
10. And if you are selecting grade make sure the number is between 1 and 100
11. Under content filtering you have options like require approval and filter profanity. If you require a moderator to approve the post you may choose require approval and if you want to filter bad words then you may use filter profanity.
12. You also have advanced options if you want to map a domain. If you would like to buy a domain for yourself then you can contact ipsr’s custom web application services
13. After you have chosen everything to your liking and click “Next” on the top right corner
14. Click on “START POSTING”
15. And your padlet notice board is ready. Now you may click on share on the top right and share the created noticeboard so that others can collaborate
16. Here you can invite members, set privacy and also get various options to share.
17. Once you click on change privacy you can keep the padlet private, hidden, members only, secret or public
18. You can also set visitor permissions to Can read, Can write or Can edit
19. Once you are finished. You can start posting by clicking the “+” button or double click anywhere on the padlet or drag and drop files to the padlet.
20. If you wish to return back to homepage at any point of time You can hit the “Padlet” icon in the top left of the screen or change padlets if you are signed into an account
One has to bear in mind a few technical issues regarding use of Padlet tool. Each sticky note is limited to 150 characters.
Also, images heavy on text might not be legible, even in their zoom pop-windows.
If this is the case, viewers can find larger images by either right-clicking the image and saving it to their desktop, or enlarging the zoom view on the computer screen.
Sometimes, the site tends to become tied up and non-responsive because the Padlet fails to load properly.
However, the value of the tool should encourage users to be patient and hope for a more consistent service in future. Padlet is a simple tool, but one that can accentuate the best teaching practices teachers employ on a day- to- day basis. For students, carefully posed questions will allow them to respond in many ways which only helps classroom discussion.
So now it’s your turn! How are you planning to use Padlet? Let us know and contribute your ideas on this Padlet.
The UGC Academic Bank of Credits has heralded a much-required change in the existing higher education system and will promote customised learning paths for students. The University Grants Commission’s (UGC) Academic Bank of Credits has revolutionised the way we understand higher education in India. Bringing unprecedented democracy to learners, the ABC will create customised learning […]
About the Inter-collegiate Online Faculty Development Program This inter-collegiate online Faculty Development Program on The Best Practices for Online Teaching: Classrooms Courseware and Tools was organized by the IQAC of Mar Sleeva College of Arts and Science, Murickassery in association with ipsr solutions limited, Kottayam. The sessions were delivered through live webinars and also through […]
AICTE is going to launch a model curriculum in line with the National Education Policy, NEP 2020.AICTE model curriculum with NEP 2020 is prepared for Undergraduate disciplines by both academic and industry experts. The effectiveness of the education system is dependent on a well-developed curriculum that must be measured by the extent to which it […]
Haryana Governor- Chancellor Bandara Dattatraya said that all universities in Haryana should go for NAAC Accreditation so as to be better prepared and placed to impart quality education to students. He said that universities will realize their strengths and weaknesses during the preparation for accreditation which in turn makes them introspect and set right their […]
NAAC Provisional Accreditation: A forerunner of the Graded NAAC Accreditation It is often said “by failing to prepare we are preparing to fail”. It is very true when we think about accreditation. NAAC Provisional Accreditation for Colleges (PAC) is a temporary status given to the prospective institution preparing for the final Accreditation to make a […]
“A good beginning is a half success.”, and that is what Auxilium college began with a move from traditional education to results-based education to overcome the necessity. About The FDP: This national-level online FDP on OBE was organized by the IQAC of Auxilium College (Autonomous), Vellore in association with ipsr solutions limited, Kottayam. A six-day […]
Red Hat Academy (RHA) is a Free Academic partnership from Red Hat, the American multinational software company and the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source solutions. Red Hat Academy provides a curriculum to help education institutions keep pace with the demands of the industry. The curriculum involves hands-on instruction across the platform, middleware, and […]
Copyright @ 2022 ipsr solutions limited. All rights reserved